Monday, December 2, 2013

Dining Room Cabinet Re-Do

During the holidays when I start decorating and getting into things- going through bins, cupboards and this year in particular the dining room, I get antsy to start re-organizing. I always zone in on what isn't working for me organization wise and what seems out of place. This year one look inside the drawers of my dining room cabinet and knew I had to start a quick project! Our dining rooms typically have the least storage so utilizing this space well is important. The best items to store are all of your entertaining pieces from dinnerware to linens. I have one storage unit in my dining room where I keep my entertaining essentials as well as candles. Here's a little before and after recap of how I revamped my dining room cabinet in under 20 minutes!

Before this draw served no purpose other than a cluttered mess. I removed the dining room table spring decor and stored them with my spring decorations in the basement. I use alot of candles when entertaining so this draw now houses all of my candles and the refills!
This drawer is specifically for all things wine. I have wine openers and my wine charms in a zip loc bag so they don't get damaged or lost. I also keep the small wine opening components in the original box so they also stay in tact. 

The largest draw of my cabinet holds linens for the table, napkins for each season and all of my entertaining silverware. Things began to get buried in the bottom of the drawer  so after a quick re-organization I categorized the napkins by type, refolded the linens and was sure everything was easily accessible.


With the holidays here it's the perfect time to tackle that dining room. Find a home for any items that are on the table or floor. Being one of the most formal rooms in the home embrace it as a place to entertain, laugh and enjoy yourself with friends and family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More