Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Inspirations

Very recently I decided it’s important to share my passion.  One of my main focuses in life is staying centered and being at peace internally.  I believe for me it’s proven to be more challenging than making a career choice or even maintaining a good GPA.  Life is full of ups and downs, disappointments, setbacks and so many choices.  I have been on a long road discovering what moves me, what inspires me and most importantly what’s my place in this world?  I realized very recently that my surroundings are what moves me, that beauty in color and shapes inspire me, that creating a space that is organized and flows naturally creates that inner peace and harmony in my life and I would love to share that passion with people! My goal for my blog is to share ideas, get feedback and post pictures when I can of spaces that I have transformed for myself and others in an effort to bring harmony into the home.  I am constantly searching through design magazines, looking at professional organizing websites and reading up on feng shui tactics to be inspired.  I’d love to hear from anyone who is looking for advice on a organizing project in their home, or who can give me advice!

I added some photos below of my own closet revamp.  The first photo to me isn’t a mess but an opportunity! Grab those garbage bags and start eliminating items that you haven’t worn in over a year.  Give them to goodwill, or a resale shop.   I love using shelving to store items, bins are great too.  I prefer clear bins to see what’s inside!  I always like to discard of shoe boxes as they take up space.   Investing in shoe racks with shelves, or a great hanging shoe rack for flats and sneakers will allow you to get to your shoes quickly.  An alternative to hanging your smaller items or jewelry is using a a small hook that you can place on the wall or hang from your shelves, similar to what I used in picture 3.  Happy organizing!





1 comments:

What a great job you did. I have been trying to unclutter my family room and it seems endless...the magazines and papers just keep piling up..seems as though I shred/throw away three bags full of things and then more appears!!! After three surgeries in the past 2 years, which I really was not able to keep up with things the way I like to, it seems as though I just can't catch up...any ideas???

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More